In a transition episode (as I gear up for the completion of a big project), I share how a focus on developing fundamental skills helped to pull me out of a creative slump.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #8
Recorded on February 14th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
Be Willing To Adapt
0:38 – 5:19
How a looming deadline on a big project is forcing me to adapt my approach to this newer creator endeavor of mine.
- The reason I’m pairing things down a bit: I’m in the final stages of work on Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes and need to create a bit more space for that.
- Here’s an update video that explains stage one and stage two of that resource.
- Related segment: Leave A Bit In The Tank.
Focus On The Fundamentals
5:19 – 13:31
How focusing on the fundamental skills at the core of your creative work can bolster your energies, especially when in a slump.
- I talk about the source of my slump in the last episode: Screw You Bronchitis.
- The resource that I’ve been using to developing my drawing skills (for the purpose of visual note-taking): The Noun Project.
- Here’s my general approach to drawing (for sketchnoters).
Support The Show
To keep this show ad-free, gain access to a bonus monthly AMA episode, and take part in an ongoing conversation about the ideas shared here, consider supporting the show on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk to you again next week!