Exploring the role that nature can play in your creative life.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #13
Recorded on March 24th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
An Immersive Experience
0:32 – 11:02
How time spent in natural environments can produce a sense of renewal and bring momentum where before there was stagnancy.
- The podcast conversation between Debbie Millman and Ingrid Fetell Lee.
- My sketchnotes of that convo.
- Just because it’s common sense that doesn’t mean it’s common practice. I’ve heard that sentiment numerous times from Todd Henry on his podcast The Accidental Creative.
- A blog post that I wrote (and published on a since-abandoned site) about my walks in Forest Park.
The Power of Passive Stimulation
11:02 – 15:54
The surprising power of a window with a view.
- One of my previous offices was a windowless room in the basement of Wayfinding Academy (check out Michelle’s TEDx talk!).
- The only challenge of lots of natural light in my current space – makes it hard to maintain consistent lighting when making course videos for Verbal To Visual!
A Cross-Country Train Trip
15:54 – 18:45
An upcoming experience that could be the perfect combination of an immersive travel experience with plenty of passive stimulation.
Support The Show
To keep this show ad-free, gain access to a bonus monthly AMA episode, and take part in an ongoing conversation about the ideas shared here, consider supporting the show on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk to you again next week!