What are you highest creative and career priorities right now? Do your daily actions reflect those priorities? In this episode I share a shift in my own priorities after the completion of a big project.
The Doug Neill Show: Episode #14
Recorded on March 29th, 2019
You can browse all episodes here.
Why My Priorities Are Shifting
0:32 – 3:38
The reason that I’ve been rethinking my priorities this week.
- The new resource that I just completed: Build an Online Course with Sketchnotes.
- The question I’m facing: what next? What should take over the top spot on my list of priorities?
The New Hierarchy
3:38 – 14:49
A look at my top five priorities for the foreseeable future.
- The things that I make and share publicly: the blog.
- The things I make and sell to fuel my economic engine: these courses.
- Here’s the episode in which we explore Jim Collins’ ideas of Hedgehog Mode and the Flywheel Effect.
- Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art.
- My top priority: weekly video tutorials and sketchnotes at Verbal To Visual.
- My second priority: a little bit of time on the new course and a little bit of time improving old ones.
- My third priority: building a resource connected to this podcast!
- My fourth and fifth priorities: developing my writing and music skills (more on that in the future).
Support The Show
To keep this show ad-free, gain access to a bonus monthly AMA episode, and take part in an ongoing conversation about the ideas shared here, consider supporting the show on Patreon.
Thanks for listening, and talk to you again next week!